Privacy and Security Policy
Effective November 20, 2009
Your Privacy and the Security of Your Personal Information Is
Very Important to Us
Our Privacy and Security Policy Will Change Over Time
Summary of Our Privacy and Security Policy
This Privacy and Security Policy explains and summarizes how we collect, use, and protect your personal information as you interact with us online and through our customer and technical support. This Privacy and Security Policy explains:
- What information Human Hair Sales gathers from users of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au.
- How Human Hair Sales uses the personal information that you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.
- How Human Hair Sales uses "cookies” and "IP Addresses.”
- What personal information, if any, Human Hair Sales may share about you with others and the conditions that protect your information if it must be shared.
- What kind of security measures Human Hair Sales takes to protect your information from loss or disclosure and how Human Hair Sales will inform you in the event of a security breach.
- The circumstances under which you can access your personal information you have shared with Human Hair Sales and have that information corrected, restrict Human Hair Sales’s use of that information, and even have it removed from our records.
- Other things you should know about privacy and Human Hair Sales.
The Type of Information www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au Collects About You
Human Hair Sales collects information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. We receive and store information you enter on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au or give to us in any other way. For example, you may provide information to www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au when you register, sign-in, search, add items to your shopping cart, participate in a test profile or survey, request our e-mail newsletters, or communicate with Human Hair Sales’s customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and personal shopping and product preferences. We also automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you visit www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. We might also receive information about you from other sources, such as in providing you special offers that we think will be of interest, and we may add that information to our account information.
How Human Hair Sales Uses Information About You
We use information we have collected about you to provide you with the very best fashion and personal style news, products and services, and shopping experience. We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any reason. We do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties who may want to offer you their own products and services unless you have requested or authorized us to do so.
We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of Human Hair Sales where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something you have asked us to do. For example, we might need to provide your personal information to retailers whose merchandise is featured on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au so they can process and fulfill your request to buy merchandise.
We may share your personal information to third parties or affiliates of Human Hair Sales with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide to them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
We may disclose personal information about our customers as permitted or required by law, such as in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy, as discussed further below.
We try to provide you with the information you need to make informed reasonable choices with respect to how www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au uses or shares your information. Human Hair Sales collects and uses personal information from you in several ways:
- Website Usage. Human Hair Sales or Human Hair Sales’s authorized service providers may observe activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system) relating to your use of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. We may use this collected or logged information in order to provide better service, to facilitate our customers’ use of the website, to track usage of the website, and to address security hazards. Human Hair Sales, or one of Human Hair Sales’s authorized service providers, may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. We may use aggregated, statistical information to describe our customer audience, products and services, and to develop partnerships with third parties to offer products and services in which we believe our customers will be interested. For example, if 30 percent of our customers are interested in the latest handbags and accessories, we may share that statistic with handbag and accessory retailers in order to offer through www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au the type of merchandise our customers want.
- Online Transactions. We collect information about you when you use our website. You may visit our site without registering, but if you wish to add merchandise to your shopping cart, take a test, create a shopping book, "Shop Together,” or use other special features offered on our site, you will need to provide us with certain information, including your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, to open an account with us. We will assist you in creating a user ID and a password to protect your account information.
At this time, when you request to purchase items in your shopping cart, we will forward your request and basic account information to the retailer or ecommerce service provider. When you provide personal financial and other personally identifiable information to the retailers or service providers featured through www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au, the sales transaction will occur on the retailer’s or service provider’s site and not on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. As such, the financial and personally identifiable information you provide in placing your order is controlled by that retailer or service provider. In the future, www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au may conduct some or all of these sales transactions itself, but at this time, it only facilitates your requests.
If you provide to us information about a friend through the "Invite a Friend” section of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au, we will first contact that friend by e-mail to confirm that the friend wishes to participate in www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au activities and consents to having personal information about him or her collected and retained by www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. If your friend does not consent to our use of his or her contact information, we will delete it from our records.
Human Hair Sales may offer Open Group Tests ("OGT”). To take our OGT, you and any of your friends who may wish to participate must be registered with www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. Through our comparative scorecard, Human Hair Sales will allow you to create a list of your friends and to compare your results with theirs. It works like this: You tell us whom to invite; our technology invites them on your behalf to participate in the OGT. Once your friend takes the test, you will receive an e-mail notice from Human Hair Sales that his or her results are in. On the "results” page, which every invited participant can access and review, you can see their OGT results, first name, and e-mail address, and how you match up in certain categories. You can view your "personal invitation list” and who has yet to participate. The personal invitation list can only be seen by you as the inviter.
Our "Shop Together” feature operates in a similar fashion. Each friend that you ask us to invite on your behalf to shop together with you must also be registered with www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. We will e-mail you when your friend is ready to shop or is done shopping. You both will be able to view and compare each other’s shopping selections.
- Public Areas. Any information disclosed in public areas of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au is public information that may be viewed and collected by any party. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in the social networking, chat rooms, reviews, or bulletin board portions of our site. You should exercise caution when disclosing information, including photos or images, in these public areas and should refrain from disclosing personally identifying information. If you wish to use some of the public portions on our site, we will direct you to first create a public ID, which is not your real e-mail address, before you can post information to our site. Human Hair Sales reserves the right to remove any information at any time from our site that we deem inappropriate or for any other reason.
Our Security Practices
Our internal data security policies restrict access to customers’ personal information to authorized employees. Authorized employees may use our customers’ personal information for Human Hair Sales business purposes only. Our employees are bound by Human Hair Sales policies that require them to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ personal information. Employees who violate these requirements are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to guard our customers’ personal information. For example, for the security of your online visit to www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au, we may make use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques, and/or authentication procedures. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Human Hair Sales cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you as necessary so you can take appropriate protective steps. Unless you indicate otherwise, we may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address you provided to us when you registered with www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au.
What Are Cookies and How Does www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au Use Them?
Please note that the advertising networks serving ads on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au may also use their own cookies. Human Hair Sales does not control these cookies or the data collection practices of these companies. For more information about these companies’ separate privacy policies, you should contact the advertising network directly. For more information on the privacy policies of our advertisers, see below. If the advertising network is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI”), you may be able to opt out of receiving targeted advertising delivered by NAI members by following the opt-out directions on www.networkadvertising.org.
What Privacy Policies Cover the Ads on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au?
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single-pixel GIFs or Web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is not connected to personally identifiable information, such as your name and e-mail address.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Websites Containing www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au Branding
www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au may contain links to third-party sites. Please be aware, however, that Human Hair Sales is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy policies of these other sites or their practices. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other sites, as they may differ from ours.
Contact Preferences and Accessing Your Personal Information
You have choices when it comes to how Human Hair Sales uses your personal information. When you register online with www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au, you can choose not to receive information about merchandise, services, and special promotional offers from us by direct mail and/or e-mail. If you elect not to receive such product marketing information by direct mail or e-mail, Human Hair Sales may continue to contact you as necessary to service your account. You can change your contact preferences at any time by following the instructions for My Profile on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au.
Your test answers and results, both for your individual and OGT results, can be viewed in the My Tests section of our site. You can delete this information at any time by following the instructions on the My Tests section of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au.
Keeping your account information accurate and up-to-date is very important, so we can provide you with excellent service. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please follow the instructions for My Account on www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au to correct your account information online.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Human Hair Sales customer service at www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au/customerservice.
This Privacy and Security Policy Applies to all customers.
www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au is hosted in the United States and is intended for international visitors.
This Privacy and Security Policy applies to customer relationships established worldwide. Like almost every website, www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au may be accessed by an international audience. If you are a non-U.S. visitor to our website, by visiting our website and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this Privacy and Security Policy. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction, which may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By providing us with your data, you consent to transfer of such data.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Bankruptcy
If Human Hair Sales should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if Human Hair Sales should decide to buy another business or sell or reorganize part or all of Human Hair Sales’s business, Human Hair Sales may be required to disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers and other parties. It is Human Hair Sales’s practice to obtain appropriate protections for information disclosed in these types of transactions. Human Hair Sales cannot, however, guarantee that Human Hair Sales’s Privacy and Security Policy will remain unchanged if Human Hair Sales is sold or merges with another company.
www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au Is Not for Use by Children
Children are not eligible to use www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au. We ask that minors (under the age of 18) only use www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au in conjunction with your parents or guardians. Children under 13 should not send any information about themselves to Human Hair Sales. If a child under 13 submits information through any part of www.hair-extensions-suppliers.com.au, and Human Hair Sales becomes aware that the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
What Else Should I Know About My Privacy?
You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your personal information and identity whenever you are online.